Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sailor Moon. Yes, Sailor Moon.

Growing up, I loved Sailor Moon. Absolutely loved. I loved the show, of course. And then I specifically loved the girl Sailor Moon a.k.a. Princess Serena. Also, I was just crazy about about Tuxedo Mask/Prince Darien/Darien. (He was just always very charming and gallant to me. Even when I didn't know what gallant meant :). 

I just recently started watching the entire series in order from start to finish. I still love this show just as much as I did back then. I wanted to sort of reflect on why I love it so much.

So, when I was little I was obsessed with Sailor Moon. I wanted to be Sailor Moon. Here's a picture of me pretending to be Sailor Moon.


 


To me, as an adult, the show represents the power of love and friendship. As well as the importance of justice and doing what's right. From the episodes that I remember there was always a "Sailor Says" segment. The Sailor Scouts would be teaching one important lesson or another. I know that's probably "lame" to some people, but I appreciate it as an adult and I loved it as a child. Partially because this is what Sailor Moon would do, sure. But still. Another thing, is that the Sailor Scouts just seem so confident to me. That is not to say that they don't 'slip up' in this department, but who doesn't? I always thought that they were so brave, too. And the best part of that is that they still get scared. You can be brave while still being scared. So, there you have it, the reasons that I love Sailor Moon. (I will admit, that the draw of discovering that you are really a princess from the moon destined to find her long lost love again is pretty cool, too. Especially to an eight year old, I'm sure). ;) 

Anyway, I'm sure that I will always love Sailor Moon. :) 

<3 Amanda Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Omg, a mini-Manda! I cant. So cute. (Now to read actual post. Lol.)

    ReplyDelete